The August 10 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 23 members and 4 guests: our regular visitors, Ryan and Brendon, Jackson and Alazar
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.or
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com thanks to Michele Green.
The theme was: “adventure” – The word of the day was: “alacrity”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Roman
Spark Plug = Dinh
Risk Taker = Dinh
Best Evaluator = Christi
Most Improved Speaker = Dinh
Second Best Speaker = Carl
Best Speaker = Dinh
Table Topics Master: Earl
General Evaluator: Monika
Melissa – Number 1 – “Who I Am”
Dinh – Number 6 – “You Touch… You Buy…”
Colette – Better Speaker Series – “Know Your Audience”
Carl – Number 2 – “MOOC – edX”
Evaluators: Cynthia, Michael, Christi, Dr. Bob.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– Our meetings are running late. Jonathan asked that we keep out introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Our treasurer Michael gave us a report on our finances. He suggested to keep the dues at the $100 for the next 6-months as a cushion. The first $36 go to Toastmasters and the $64 are for the club. There was a motion and it passed. These will be collected in September to meet the October 1st deadline.
– Katharine mentioned that the “Tall Tales” and “Evaluations” contests for Area A2 will be on September 26.
– Katharine asked for interested contestants for the Evaluation Contest. Christi and Joe want to participate.
– Michael will enter the Tale Tales contest.