The August 17 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 26 members and 4 guests: Ron (1st visit), T. V. and our regular visitors, Ryan and Brandon.
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com thanks to Michele Green.
The theme was: “potential” – The word of the day was: “doughty”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Michel
Spark Plug = Colette
Risk Taker = Hayley
Best Evaluator = Dustin
Most Improved Speaker = Christopher
Second Best Speaker = Cynthia
Best Speaker = Christopher
Table Topics Master: Arya
General Evaluator: Joan
Roman – Number 1 – “My Life”
Hayley – Number 1 – “How Do You Come Early?” “Artist”
Christopher – Number 2 – “Remember Not To Forget”
Cynthia – Special Occasion – Number 3 – “Where Is the President?”
Evaluators: Chris, Lauren, Les, Dustin
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– Our meetings are running late. Jonathan asked that we keep out introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Katharine invited all to compete in the “Tall Tales” contest for Area A2 will be on September 26 because Michael has another commitment that day.
– Katharine read next week’s schedule.
– Dinh offered to let our club enjoy a professional website for $10 a month. A motion was made to accept the offer and it passed.
– Les suggested to have a different kind of meeting where members would be distracting as an exercise. In the real world there is disturbances during speeches.
– Colette offered to send a copy of the presentation she has been giving to the Districts, on Creative Meetings. She will send one to Katharine.
– The club was awarded $90 in gifts to be used at Toastmasters. Since we have two banners but just one stand, Colette went to TI and bought a second stand and also a manual for our new member. The total was $127.44. the club voted to refund the $37.44 balance.
– Also Michele paid $85.59 for Meetup.com. The club voted to refund her.