The August 3 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 23 members and 3 guests: Roman (3rd visit), and regular visitors, Ryan and Brandon.
Roman Vilensky was inducted as a new member – Welcome Roman
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com thanks to Michele Green.
The theme was: “Growth” – The word of the day was: “abundance”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Christopher
Spark Plug = Gisele
Risk Taker = Lisa
Best Evaluator = Joe
Most Improved Speaker = Dustin
Second Best Speaker = Tom
Best Speaker = Dustin
Table Topics Master: Dinh
General Evaluator: Lauren
Lisa – Number 3 – “Growing Up”
Tom – Number 9 – “Images”
Dustin – Number 7 – “Healthcare Costs and Helpful Tips”
Christi – Advance – To Inform – Number 4 – “Should We or Shouldn’t We Raise the Minimum Wages”
Evaluators: Katharine, Joani, Joe, Michele.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– Our meetings are running late. Jonathan asked that we keep out introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Roman was inducted as a new member – Welcome Roman
– Katharine reminded us that the “Tall Tales” and “Evaluations” contests for Area A2 will be on September 19.
– Earl recommended that we all use Easy Speak. He explained several advantages.
– Katharine read the schedule for next week.
– Will invited members to suggest companies where a new club could be started.
– Colette mentioned that Jonathan sent mail saying that he is going inactive for now but he has achieved his Advanced Leadership Bronze and Advanced Communication Bronze.Congratulations Jonathan for your new awards.