The July 27 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 25 members and 5 guests: Roman (2nd visit), Shelby (1st visit), occasional visitor Pascale, and regular visitors, Ryan and Brendon.
Hayley Williams was inducted as a new member – Welcome Hayley
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com thanks to Michele Green.
The theme was: “Lead by example” – The word of the day was: “quintessential”.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Colette
Spark Plug = Michael
Risk Taker = Michael
Best Evaluator = Arya
Most Improved Speaker = Michael
Second Best Speaker = Michele
Best Speaker = Michael
Table Topics Master: Les
General Evaluator: Steve
Michael – Advance – To Inform – Number 3 – “Fresh Lemonade Master”
Chris – Number 9 – “The Shocking Approach”
Michele – Better Speaker Series – “Organizing Your Speech”
Dr. Bob – Advance – Story Telling – Number 5 – “Did a Comet Cause the Chicago Fire of 1871″
Evaluators: Will, Monika, Arya, Lauren.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– Our meetings are running late. Jonathan asked that we keep out introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Katharine announced that the “Tall Tales” and “Evaluations” contests for Area A2 will be on September 26.
– Katharine read the schedule for next week.
– Colette mentioned that we have gift vouchers to use at Toastmasters. She suggested to use them and order a stand for our second banner. There was a motion and it passed.