The September 21 meeting of the Newport Center Toastmasters Club was attended by 23 members and 1 guest: John (3rd visit).
John was inducted as a new member. Mentor: Cynthia. Welcome John
Our location is at the East Bluffs Homeowners Community at 2414 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach.
Feel free to visit our club’s website at newportcentertoastmasters.org
Also see https://www.facebook.com/NewportCenterToastmasters and we are onMeetup.com thanks to Michele Green.
The theme was: “World peace” – The word of the day was: “sentiment”.
The quote was: “We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.” – William Ewart Gladstone.
The winners were:
Best Table Topics = Colette
Spark Plug = Colette
Risk Taker = Dinh
Best Evaluator = Katharine
Most Improved Speaker = Dr. Bob
Second Best Speaker = Dinh
Best Speaker = Dr. Bob
Table Topics Master: Tom
General Evaluator: Michael
Steve – Number 5 – “Implement Your ‘Trump’”
Dinh – Number 8 – “Unique Personality”
Dr. Bob – Number 2 – “Ten Things to Remember”
Christi – Advanced – To Inform – Number 3 – “Mind Mapping”
Evaluators: Chris, Lauren, Cathy, Katharine.
– Please always bring and use your manuals, both Competent Communicator and Competent Leadership.
– Our meetings are running late. Jonathan asked that we keep out introductions, Invocation, toast, educational minute and joke, short.
– Mike asked to please pay our dues. Only members whose money is received will be renewed as it is illegal to use the club’s money.
– Katharine invited all to consider attending the Tall Tales and Evaluation contests for Area A2 on September 26, at the Methodist Church on Baker in Costa Mesa.
– John was inducted as a new member. Welcome John